Tuesday

The Republicans are Slick

I see it and I still don’t believe it. I keep telling myself that there is a bigger fight and they needed to save the filibuster. But then I remember that, wait a minute, nobody wanted to lose the filibuster – what a bluff. I can’t believe that the Democrats didn’t have the sense or the stones to fight this one out. And now Bush gets to play lets make a deal: you can have a really fascist, conservative judge; a conservative, fascist judge or a judge who is fascist and conservative. The Republicans have a better team. Damn!

WASHINGTON - Judicial nominee Priscilla Owen gets the vote she's been awaiting for more than four years, the most immediate beneficiary of a deal worked out by Senate moderates to avoid a debilitating fight over filibusters. The Senate was voting to end debate on Owen, currently a Texas Supreme Court justice, clearing the way for her to gain a seat on the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, based in New Orleans.