Thursday

I Feel Ya'


“I would go to work on the show and I felt awful every day, that’s not the way it was” he said. “I felt like some kind of prostitute or something. If I feel so bad, why keep on showing up to this place? I’m going to Africa. The hardest thing to do is to be true to yourself, especially when everybody is watching.”

I watched the Inside the Actor’s Studio interview with Dave. “I wasn’t crazy but it is incredibly stressful,” I feel you Dave. It did my heart good to hear someone articulate the shit that goes on every day. WE have lost our minds12-16 hour days for anywhere from $10-$30/ hour. Before taxes. You do the math. Sleep deprivation, stress, humiliation, paranoia, for what? They say romance is dead in America, no kidding, when does anyone have time for relaxation? We spend the lion’s share of our waking hours for someone else, commuting to work, working, commuting from work, cell phones, emails, crack berries, shit has gotten out of hand. The shift from a society of domination through discipline to one of domination through surveillance is whittling years off our lives and leaving no room for simple human comforts. The refrain builds “I want to be good at what I do” as what you do is coded into a mainframe and outsourced to India, or worse simply automated, when most clerical service professions – lawyers, accountants, programmers, actuaries, etc. – are destined to end up being staffed by button pusher like an H&R Block Tax center.

Fuck Africa. I’m going to Biminy.